3.03.2014

Birthday Weekend!

Yesterday, I turned the big 2-7 {if you can even say that with 27?} & I spent most of the weekend celebrating!  I was glad to finally have B home on Friday night!  We ate a quick dinner at home & watched some House of Cards…


Saturday morning classes were a lot of fun at the gym, followed by a little coaches meeting.  B & I picked up some Earthfare meal deal lunches & then I popped over to Blakeney for a little birthday shopping!

I found these cute espadrilles at Target & couldn't pass them up for only $30!  I wore them out Saturday night with some skinnies, the perfect shoe to transition into spring!  :)


Saturday night we started off at Lenny Boy Brewery, a local kombucha brewery here in Charlotte. {Kombucha is a non-alcoholic fermented drink made from tea, sugar, water, & a symbiotic culture of bacteria & yeast.  Some consider it a raw food with probiotics & health benefits!}  We've gotten into drinking kombucha lately since B has been training so hard for the Open & we haven't really been drinking too much alcohol.  We were excited to finally try Lenny Boy out!

Lenny Boy is tucked away in South End, their little tap room is really cute!  We got a flight to sample all of their traditional kombuchas & their wild kombucha ales (containing alcohol)…


Andrea & Karl met us for a drink before we headed over to Peculiar Rabbit in Plaza Midwood!


I took fun selfies in the car on the way to dinner, because it's my birthday, duh!


Warren & Kelly met us there & gifted me with some pretty flowers!  I failed to take a single picture at dinner.  Boo!  Major fail.


Dinner was delish & we were home to my Paleo Brownies, wine & bed by about 930 or so.  If celebrating 27 this way is wrong, I don't want to be right!


Sunday, we woke up slow, laid around & then got ready for the gym!  I started off 27 with a brownie {breakfast of champions} so as to do well on my birthday WOD & dropped this boy off for a haircut {as you can see it was much needed}…


An after picture to come, once I take one!  The weather was gorgeous all day Sunday!  We love to prop the gym doors open & let some warm air in!


Brandon redid the Open workout, getting 354 reps this time, then it was my turn!  I got 248 reps, which was my exact goal!  I got 5 rounds completed & 23 more double unders, so I was very pleased!

Aren't my cupcake earring so fun?

We spent the rest of the afternoon doing a little work, B made my very favorite bacon burgers, we watched more House of Cards {holy crap episode 1 of season 2!!!!!} & I ate a very large red velvet cupcake!!!

So far, 27 is looking pretty stellar :)  Thank you all for the sweet birthday love all over social media! You sure know how to make a girl feel loved!!


2 comments:

Rachel said...

That season opener was crazy, right?!?!

Happy belated birthday my friend!! Glad it was a good one!

Dee Stephens said...

WOW! Never heard of Lenny Boy! Must try!
Happy Belated Bday!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS