1.23.2012

Pizza Love!

I love pizza.  I could probably marry it!  But alas, I am already married, so I guess pizza and I will have to continue our thing on the side ;)

We don't actually eat pizza too often....if I did I'd most definitely weigh 358lbs....but every now and again we'll get some Brixx to go or we'll make a pizza at home!  (Some of my other favorite pizza restaurants include California Pizza Kitchen, Hawthorne's, Fuel, & Mellow Mushroom - to name a few.  I told you, I'm in love!)

I'd been craving pizza ALL weekend so we decided to make one for dinner last night!  Rarely do we make a typical pepperoni or cheese pizza, and last night was no different.  Buffalo Chicken Pizza was on the menu!! I kind of just made the recipe up (I mean, let's be real, it's pizza so it's pretty hard to ruin!) and man did I do a great job!! ;)  Haha...so below is the recipe....duplicate or tweak to your liking, and enjoy!

The pie right before going in the oven!

Disclaimer - I am no Pioneer Woman or proper food blogger, so this is the only picture ya get ;)

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Ingredients:
Pizza Crust
8-12 oz chicken
buffalo sauce
blue cheese crumbles
1 c mozzarella cheese
scallions
cilantro

Choose a pizza crust of your liking.  You can go the dough route or pre made and thick or thin (we usually go thin to save some calories!).  Last night we bought a pre made Boboli thin crust.  Usually we buy the whole wheat dough from our grocery store's deli, but lately we feel like it hasn't been cooking all the way.  I think the trick is to pre-cook your dough for about 5 or so minutes before topping and cooking.  And now that I've typed a whole paragraph on the pizza dough, I'll get back to how I made the pizza!  (Holy tangent!)

Anyways....boil the chicken, slice it pretty thin & toss it in the buffalo sauce of your choosing.  We used Moore's Buffalo Wing Sauce.  Depending on how much buffaloness you like, spread some sauce over your crust, top with chicken, blue cheese crumbles (as much as you like, it's a rather strong cheese, but I'm a fan!), and mozzarella.  (Pretty sure I used more than a cup of mozzarella last night so I think I'll cut back to just a cup next time!)  Chop some scallions and cilantro (again as much as you like) and sprinkle on top.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.

VOILA!  Buffalo Chicken Pizza love!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I could eat pizza every day. Seriously.

That look so yummy!

Unknown said...

Looks* - I have been typing too fast lately!!

Erin said...

Yum!! Looks delicious!!

Ashley said...

I am making this ASAP. I LOOOOVE pizza! And I thought you did a great job as a food blogger. : )

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS