11.18.2013

SuperFit Games - My 1st CrossFit Competition!

This past weekend I competed in my very first CrossFit Competition!!!  And I lived to tell about it!  :)

SuperFit Games

Brandon & Warren and Meagan & I participated in Team SuperFit Charlotte at CrossFit Steele Creek & it was an absolute blast!!

It was a very long day, starting at about 7am, with 3 total workouts.  None of us made it to the 4th & final WOD, but in the end, we were all ok with that :)  We all finished strong & are proud of our individual performances!

CFSC ready to go!

B & I - bright eyed & bushy tailed!

My awesome partner Meagan!

Boys getting warmed up


WOD 1 - 10 min AMRAP (As Many Rounds as Possible) of 10 Shoulder to Overhead (presses) and 20 Toes to Bar


The boys rocked it out!! They finished with over 8 rounds!


This is my "oh my gosh, have we started yet, I'm so nervous" smile.  And our fun friends from CrossFit Huntersville were in the lane next to us - Michelle & Lindsey :)

Meagan rocking the presses!

I was pretty proud of my T2B in the beginning, best I've ever done!  By the end, my grip was gone!

I love SOH!  It's my favorite!

Here's a video Brandon got of Meagan and me :)


We finished with 4 rounds + 9 more presses!  We wanted at least 4 rounds, so goal accomplished!


WOD 2 - 150 Double Unders (Single Unders for us scaled peeps), 50 Deadlifts, 25 Front Squats - 6 minute time cap


The guys did so great!  They had to complete 50 Deadlifts at 275lbs & 25 Front Squats at 185lbs!  Talk about heavy!  They finished in about 4 and a half minutes…strong men!!


I'm so proud of Meagan & I!  Meagan rocked that 135lbs deadlift - she got 20 right out of the bat!  We both cleaned 95lbs like it was our job & front squatted it like a boss :)  This was definitely our favorite WOD!  Us girls like to lift heavy ;)


WOD 3 - 10min EMOM (every minute on the minute) of 10 Hand Release Bar Over Burpees with max Power Snatches in remaining minute



Here's some video I got of Brandon & Warren getting after those Burpees & Power Snatches!


Warren took the burpees & B handled the snatches!  They finished with 72 total Snatches!



And here's a short video of Meagan & me!


I took all the burpees & Meagan rocked the snatches for us!  We had a total of 66 Snatches!  (Oh & yes, the lights powered down for a few just before our heat started.  GPP baby - general physical preparedness - we're even prepared to workout in the dark! Ha)

It was such an awesome day!!  I more than earned this beer :)


We treated ourselves to a big ol' gluten full, cheesy, delicious pizza as a reward for our hard work!


Who knows…maybe I have more competitions in my future!?  Either way, I'm so glad I did it!  I was never really an athlete growing up so competing is not something I'm used to, but it was such a cool experience!  I don't post these pictures to brag, but to encourage anyone reading!  Seriously, you can do anything you put your mind to, even compete in amateur CrossFit competitions!! :)

Happy lifting!


2 comments:

LuLu said...

You were at my box! Looking fab of course.

Dee Stephens said...

You're a rock star!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS