3.24.2011

Spring Fever!

So today, the 80 degree weather has left us :(  In fact, I don't even see it returning on the 10 day forecast!  But the past week or so of AMAZING weather has wet my appetite and spring fever is in full swing over here!  Not to mention, I think most teachers, students, and warm weather lovers alike are feeling it and can relate to my dilemma.  We won't be hitting 80s any time soon, but there will be lots of 60s and I have full faith that 70s and beyond are just around the corner.  There are a few things that are keeping me going until those temps decide to stick around for good.

These are all over downtown Charlotte!!  Red tulips and other beautiful flowers are in bloom and its bright and cheery and puts you in a good mood.  The city of Charlotte does a good job keeping things beautified :)
Next week is a 4 day work week!  Thursday is the end of 3rd quarter, hard to believe, and Friday is a teacher work day!  Our district has allowed us the option to work from home next Friday and you better believe I will be taking full advantage of that :)  As a special education teacher, I have loads of paperwork to stay on top of, including the teaching and planning, so I'll plop myself on the couch and crank out some paperwork. 

Maybe I'll even sit outside and enjoy this view if it's nice out while I crank out all that paperwork!
Spring Break 2011 - just 15 working days away from a week long vacation with my hubby!   Well sort of a week long vacation....I'll be his traveling buddy starting that Monday morning when he leaves for his weekly work travels.  I'll be riding (or sleeping mostly) in the backseat, probably reading or watching movies (when not napping :) on my laptop, as he drives from appointment to appointment.  By Wednesday, we'll be in Kissimmee, Florida!!  We were offered a great promotional deal by Holiday Inn (since Brandon travels so much, he's like a platinum, diamond, VIP, most-valued-hotel-stayer of the year with them) to stay at their new Orange Lake Resort.  While we're there, we'll be visiting....


I am oh so excited about this!!!  I've never been to Disney, Universal or any of those fun places!!  (I've been deprived a proper childhood, I know....I still bring it up to my parents at least twice a year.)  Brandon won 4 passes years ago.  He was chosen from the audience to participate in a fear factor event and HE WON!!  Much to my fortune, years later :)  So finally we'll be putting them to use and get to go to the park for 2 days!  The day we don't go, we'll relax and enjoy all the pools and amenities at the resort!

And after spring break there is beaucoups to look forward to!!  My cousin graduates from VT, wedding season begins (Brandon and I have several friends getting married this year, 4 couples to be exact!), and then summer will be in full swing!  Which for this girl means....sleeping in more, pool days, lake days, bachelorette parties, weddings, and a BEACH week with my family!!  Wooo....if I can just make it there!  Spring or BUST!!!

1 comment:

Mimi to 3 said...

Sounds like you have lots to look forward to! Spring in Charlotte is a beautiful thing! ENJOY!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS