11.25.2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy belated Thanksgiving!!!

As always, I'm behind on blogging!  But I couldn't let Thanksgiving come and go without a little recap :)

We've had such a glorious Holiday break!!  I cannot lie, I think I was most excited for a break from school, the fact that my husband would be home for 5 whole nights in a row, and some dang good food and family time.  So thankful for that!

Last weekend, we finally got Berkley groomed for the first time!  We figured the upcoming holidays called for a first hair cut for sure...and he looked so handsome afterwards!


He wore his reindeer bandana all day on Thursday :)

My parents were up from Georgia and my bro & SIL were hosting Thanksgiving up at their house in Concord.  {We're hosting Christmas this year!!}

We were up to Concord by about 11.  We didn't want to miss out on any fun!  B and I both assumed the positions - he on the couch to watch Football and me in the kitchen with my momma :)


I took breaks and joined B on the couch every so often!

And snacked on all the appetizers - sausage dip, spinach dip, and cheese ball & crackers.

Our day was very enjoyable!  We had 12 people, an infant, 5 dogs & entirely too much good food!!  Our menu consisted of turkey, ham, dressing, noodles, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, pineapple casserole, green beans, fruit salad, and rolls.

Then for dessert, there was apple crisp and ice cream, pumpkin pie, key lime pie, pumpkin roll, berry bars, and chocolate peanut butter pie.  I chose apple crisp and key lime pie :)

I was STUFFED!!  Especially since I hadn't eaten that much grain and dairy in a while.  But this girl can't be Paleo on Holidays.  Sorry that I'm not sorry!  Haha, all in moderation!


Berkley was pooped from all the eating and the fun having!  He is all puppy still and his doggy "cousins" were just not into playing as much he was.  Lucky for him, my niece and nephews love to play! 

I've been trying to fight off a yucky cold and unfortunately, I think Thursday was the worst of it.  But it was a great day so I won't complain!!

B and I ended the night snuggled up with with the animals and watching {or sleeping through} a movie :)

As always, I have so, so much to be thankful for this year!  My awesome husband, our sweet fur babies, my amazing parents and siblings (in laws included!), niece & nephews (and the ones on the way!), our extended family, our health!!  I hope to never take these things for granted!

On a more trivial note, here are a few other things I'm thankful for...

-A steaming, turn your skin pink, scorching, hot shower.  Every day I walk into my hot shower I just want to shout out my thankfulness.  No lie, it's practically holy that's how good it is!  Amen.

-Target.  I love going there.  It never gets old!  I guess I wish I didn't give them as much money as I do, but I could seriously browse around there for hours and I pretty much always leave happy!

-When Berkley wakes up on non-alarm days and B tells me to "Just stay in bed, babe, I'll take him out."  SWOON!  Oh my goodness, my heart melts for that man at these words.

-Chocolate.  I am always thankful for chocolate!  Oh, and wine and a tall extra pump skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks.  All my vices!

Seriously, I hope you had a most wonderful Thanksgiving and that it was spent with those you love!  

I have big plans of actually blogging this week, so keep your fingers crossed for me?!  Just don't hold your breath ;)  Until next time.... xoxo


2 comments:

Rachel said...

You dessert table on Thanksgiving sounds pretty legit!

Also....I love a good hot shower too. I know they say steaming hot like that is bad for your skin, but I do it anyway!

Johnson said...

Very interesting blog.
There is one pics here of the dog
that dog is so angry looks like the the angry hero.
but it seems like quite.
Great .. very interesting.
web design concord

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS