10.26.2011

The difference a year makes...

Last year about this time, I was less than a month away from our wedding and was in full planning mode! Man I don't miss that...haha.  But also last year about this time, I was in a bit of a funk.

While I was SO excited for everything that was on the horizon in my personal life, it had been a rather rough start to the school year and my professional life felt a little shaky.

I had an interesting (to say the least ;) group of students last year who really challenged me.  (Yes we'll just leave it at that!)  And my state and my school district have been going through some changes, some new implementations, etc. and last year as all of these were new and scary I had a struggle raging inside me. Change is never easy and I felt so strongly opposed to some of these said changes.

But as the year went on and as this year has started, I've realized its not all terrible.  I've coped and adapted. But most of all, I've changed my perspective and my ATTITUDE!

Last year about this time, I felt termoil going to work every day.  I was tearing myself up inside about things I had VERY little control over.  So between praying for a flawless wedding day and a smaller waistline for my wedding dress, God gently reminded me that the school things I was so torn up about were circumstances I couldn't change (this time), but there was something I could change.

And that was my attitude!!

So that's what I did.  It wasn't easy and it wasn't overnight, but sometime last year, approaching November and the season of giving thanks, I changed my attitude to an attitude of gratitude!

And it's really stuck with me.  Every day, on my way to work and throughout the day, I try to look for the things I'm grateful for.  Trust me, it's a lot easier to find the things I'm ungrateful for.  And I still catch myself on occasion dwelling on those things.  And then I stop, and find the positives :)

After all, it's the little things in life right!?!?  Of course I count my blessings and all the important things, but I cannot tell a lie.  Often the things I'm thankful for can be quite trivial as well =)  From my Starbucks in the morning to working heat in my car, tweets that make me laugh or a new shirt I'm wearing that day.  Trivial I know, but I'm human remember!?

So today, I share with you the trivial thing I am most thankful for today.....


Today I am thankful for the teeny swells of mosquito bites that call my chest home.

I am a proud member of the itty bitty titty committee!

Yep I said it!

Now if you know me, you may recall many a few times that I've been less than happy with my little girls and I've even considered permanent alterations to the region.  And I haven't totally ruled that out, but that's neither tit nor tat (pun intended :).

Sorry!  Stay with me....you see....I run a lot!  (I think I've mentioned that a time or two)  I mostly run on the treadmill and the treadmills at my gym overlook downtown.  And on these streets, many 'a outside runners dash past my window.

And some of the women, bless, are giving themselves black eyes with their well endowed bosoms, large knockers, balloons, fun bags, melons, well you get!

It looks painful, I must say!  But thankfully, I cannot relate nor do I understand their pain.

So today, my inner runner is thankful for my little gum drops.

It really is the little things, y'all!  ;)


1 comment:

Lindy Maddox said...

As a fellow member of this club I just wanna say...Amen to that sistah, haha! And I need to get that kind of attitude! I am definitely more of a glass half empty kind of girl but hopefully I can change that! Great post :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS