1. My friend Ashley tweeted the other day, "@ashleyscott511 do they eat hamburgers and watermelon on the 4th of July in Mexico? #justwondering". This is a good question....to which I don't have the answer to! Ha, but I will take just about any excuse to eat some Mexican food! Since we didn't get to use Cinco de Mayo as an excuse, we figured Seis de Mayo was just as good as any :) better late than never right!?
2. By Friday nights, I am LAME-O!! Getting up at 515 every morning sure catches up to me by Friday night. We got home from our Mexican fiesta and I was pretty much in a food coma already, which didn't help my sleepiness. Since it was almost 10, I promptly passed out on the couch while Brandon watched the new Gulliver's Travels movie. I didn't even make it through the previews, whoops!
3. 3 weeks ago, we got B's oil changed before we went on vacation. Well Saturday morning, it was time for yet another oil change! He travels oh so much that he needs to get an oil change about once a month, crazy right!? Can you imagine?? $$$$ At least its a company car so the expense isn't out of our pocket, thank goodness :)
4. I'm pretty sure Saturdays were invented for the pool and grilling out! My favorite!
5. I'm pretty sure Sundays around here aren't much of a day of rest, hah. Our Sunday afternoons tend to consist of working out, cleaning, doing laundry, and getting ready for the next work week. Blehh...
6. Might be a little late here, but oh my goodness I LOVED the movie Country Strong!! Gwyneth Paltrow, although she has a daughter named Apple (weird!), did an amazing job as her messed up character Kelly Canter! She was great on Glee earlier this year and I've always loved her voice (so I guess I'll let the Apple thing go). Tim McGraw and especially Garrett Hedlund (with his amazing, deep voice) are lovely bonuses to the movie!! I love me some country music and I'm contemplating downloading the soundtrack. Highly recommend it :)
Finally, my list of current countdowns (all helping me inch closer to summer!!).....
4 workdays left this week.
4 days until my cousin Erin's graduation weekend in Blacksburg!!
11 days til my friend Alex's bachlorette weekend in Charleston!
27 days til I get my iPhone!
23 school days left (32 days including weekends).
25 total work days (36 days in all).
Phew.....I think I can, I think I can!!
Be blessed y'all :)
1 year ago