12.20.2013

Five on Friday

Happy Friday!!  Linking up with April, Christina & friends for a little Five on Friday: Pre-Christmas Edition!  Christmas is 5 days away!!!  Say what!?!


1 - That is our tree last year!  A beauty, right!?  Sadly, our tree looks nothing like that at the moment! It's still present-less!  I had high hopes of wrapping ALL of the gifts on Wednesday and I got about 8 wrapped {which are still sitting in the bonus room Santa's Workshop because I need to suck up all the dry pine needles first!}.  That puts me about 1/3 of the way there!!  Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow night!?!

2 - Speaking of dry pine needles, I think our tree is on it's last leg.  The bottom half of it is…droopy! Literally, branches are brushing the floor.  I'm not sure what's going on, but I think we kilt it.  Whoops! I'm not sure it going to make it to Christmas!

Elana's Pantry Cinnamon Bun Muffins & Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting
3 - These!!  Oh my, I can't wait to make these for our Christmas Eve brunch!  I'm also attempting Elana's {we're on a first name basis} Chocolate Pecan Pie!  I love being in the kitchen this time of year & I love trying new recipes!  I'll keep you posted as to the results!!

4 - Please do not think I've been Mrs. Perfect CrossFit Trainer picture of health over here.  Ohhh the fat girl inside me has been clawing her way out!  The sweet tooth is alive & well & I'm trying to tame her!!  But seriously, did you see that picture above!?  Oh man.  I have a lot of refocusing to do ;)

via
5 - I've had a rough time getting into the Christmas spirit this week.  Kinda bah humbug-ish.  I think having my husband home {for almost 2 whole weeks!!}, a clean house, and a few more presents under the tree should do it!  I'm looking forward to lots of sweet family, good food & a Christmas Eve service to remind me why we celebrate this holiday in the 1st place!

I may or may not be around over the next week, so if not, I wish you & yours a very Merry Christmas!!!


3 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Have a Merry Christmas!

Erin said...

Merry Christmas! I still don't have all of my presents wrapped! I'm hoping I'll wake up one day and they'll be done...otherwise I'll just hand them out!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! :-)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS