4.13.2011

short & sweet

2. more. days. y'all.  Just in case you lost track :)

Our spring break plans took a turn for the better a few weeks ago.  Brandon realized he had more PTO than he originally thought.  His PTO doesn't roll over, so in this case, if you don't use it, you do lose it!  ;)  So now B has the WHOLE week off and we're headed to Cocoa Beach for 3 days before heading to Orlando and Universal!  Since we're so looking forward to this....


and lots of this....


we've decided that we're going to wake up early Monday morning....early as in 2am....and head for Florida!  That way, we can most likely be on the beach by noon(ish) and snoozing while getting bronzed shortly thereafter!  We're thinking Brandon can down one of these....


and when it starts to wear off, we can pull off and I'll get one of these....


and take over driving!  I'm already a little tired thinking about it, but we can sleep in all week and nap on the beach :)  I think it will be well worth it.  Also, I recently read an article from The Nest titled "15 things to Do Before Kids" and road trips as well as spontaneity were part of that list!!  So, further confirmation that embarking on a 9 hour drive at 230 am is a good plan, ha!  (Although since we're planning this, does it count as spontaneity?  I think so!)

Tomorrow, my team at school is throwing a wedding shower for another teacher on our team getting married this weekend!  She's having a small wedding and then a bigger reception in August.  She and her hubby-to-be will be blending their families, making a combined total of 4 kiddos ages 4-10!  She insisted over and over she didn't want a shower or a big deal made, but she was so sweet and planned my school shower and she deserves one!  So, we decided to keep it small and have anyone from school who wanted to, donate to her gift.

Even a small shower needs food right?!?  I ordered cupcakes from one of my favorite local bakeries.


I got a couple different flavors, couldn't pick just one!  And that way everyone has some options.


Walking in the bake shop today it smelled HEAVENLY!!!  Oh my goodness.  It took every ounce of my being to take my shower cupcakes, head to the door, and walk away without picking out another cupcake from the display case to eat on my way out!  But I did it!  I'll get to eat one tomorrow and I can't ruin my pre - spring break diet (haha, insert sarcasm!).

Hope y'all made it over the hump today, goodnight and have a pleasant tomorrow!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yum! Where is that bakery? I am SO JEALOUS of your spring break trip! And knowing you, you'll come back so brown! Have a blast and think of me! : )

Unknown said...

Park Rd Shopping Center, the new part - I had the cookies and cream cupcake today....omg, awesome! Go try it :) I'll think of you in Fla (it always makes me think of you anyways, haha). Lunch date soon, I need to see that little man!! (and you!)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS