6.25.2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend, we took a more adventurous approach to our Saturday and went to the US National Whitewater Center!


Brandon and I went back in 2009 when his sister and BIL, Ashley and Casey, were visiting from Michigan.

Circa 2009

I still get flack about this picture because I'm somewhat smiling and my paddle is out of the water, so obviously that means I wasn't helping!  Ugh..not true!  That was our first time at the Whitewater Center & it was such a good time!!

Anyways, I digress, back to this weekend!  Ha, we met our friends Devin & Morgan for the day.


It was H-O-T hot on Saturday, that water sure felt good!!!

Morgan & Devin climbing!

The boys racing!  Always a competition - B won :) 

Although there is no proof I actually rock climbed, I did!  I made it about 2/3 of the way up before deciding that was good and high enough for me.  No thanks!


Ready to zip line!!


We grabbed some lunch & a tall boy after zip lining and then made it over to whitewater rafting!  It was a fun & wet ride - Morgan and I managed to stay in the boat, Brandon and Devin, however, went for a little swim! :)

We had a fun guide and he told us lots about the grounds while we were there.  If you've never been, I highly recommend it!  It's a bit pricey for the day, but good entertainment for sure!  We're thinking we may need to purchase all season passes in years to come!

Saturday night, we all went to Rooster's downtown for dinner.  B & I had been to the Rooster's location at Southpark a while ago, but had pretty much forgotten about it.  It was much better the 2nd time around!!  So, so good!

Yesterday, I took my first day off working out in 13 days!!  Phew...it was nice.  B went on a super long run and mowed the lawn while I cleaned - Sundays seems to turn into days of chores instead of days of rest :(

We met my Mom {who's in town to keep my niece & nephews for a few days while my bro & SIL are off on a short babymoon of sorts} along with the kiddos and my grandmother for some Chinese for dinner and then ended the night plopped on the couch!

The weekends always go so fast, though!  Yes, I realize it's summer and I don't exactly have a lot going on that's too pressing, but Mondays mean my man is off for the week again :/

Thankfully, my mom & the kiddos are coming over for a sleepover, so I'm off to workout & finish cleaning before the clan arrives!

Happy Monday, y'all!  Hope you had a fantastic weekend!!


4 comments:

Meredith said...

I've lived here forever and I can't believe I still haven't gone to the Whitewater Center. It looks like so much fun!

Dee Stephens said...

I use to go out there all the time when I was single.
We did the rafting for my 31st birthday and I've done all their trails(on foot). It was fun.
Brad and I were wanting to do the zipline but that isnt happening now.
We need to get out there for one of the Thursday night concerts but it's soo HOT!
BTW- this weekend is our camping trip up to Black Mountain/Mt. Mitchell!

Unknown said...

I've never done any of the trails! I want to sometime though!
Rachel & I were talking about going out there one Thursday night, it's def fun but so hot!! Hair in a pony & light clothing kinda weather, ha.
Have so much fun camping! Can't wait to see the pics :)

Carolina Charm said...

I am going on 3 years in CLT now and still have not made it out there yet! Yall look like you had a blast! I am adding this to my summer bucket list!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS