6.21.2012

Busy Summer Days

Welp, it's officially summer now!  Sadly the days will only just get shorter and I'm already down one week of summer vacay ;-( Tear!

But the days are still long for now and I've been taking advantage of that summer day light!

I'm 11 days into my 60 day Insanity workouts!!  And...I'm really loving it so far!  It's hard. Like, sweating out of every pore in my body, heart beating out of my chest kinda hard.  It's high cardio interval and resistance training which I think is just what my slow metabolism body needs!

I took before pics and while it's hard to visibly see a lot of changes in my body yet, I definitely feel a lot of changes!  Things are feeling tighter!  :)  So that's definitely a good sign!

Besides working out...I've been quite a busy housewife!  I've decided it's definitely my favorite job, even though I don't get paid a dime for doing it!  So far, here's what I've tackled this week...


We ran out of the floor cleaner we bought after first moving into our house back in April and I've read tons between blogs and other sites on the internet about cleaning with vinegar.  

So Tuesday at Target, I figured for $2.64 for this giant gallon of vinegar - I wouldn't be out too much money if I hated it.  When I got home, I diluted it with water in my spray mop and mopped away.

I'm hooked, y'all!  The floors look amazing and shiny and I'm sold!  I'll never buy floor cleaner again.

Wednesday, I had a hair appointment...


It was time.  Time to chop off some of that long length.  It was too much and just had to go!


So here's the finished product after I showered last night and straightened it.  I love the choppiness & long layers :)

Today I put Pinterest to good use & tried out two recipes I'd recently pinned.  And they're both keepers, so check 'em out!


First I made this Skinny Vanilla Mocha Iced Coffee.  The recipe actually calls it a frappe knock off and blended it using coffee they had frozen.  

I, however, did not freeze my coffee because I needed instant gratification, so I just made mine iced coffee.  It wasn't Starbucks, but it was a close second!  The recipe made a bunch so I had half today, and half left for tomorrow!  And, bonus, it's way low cal - no guilt :)

For dinner I made this Cheesy Chicken & Rice Bake.


Super easy and B & I loved it.  Basically it's a burrito bowl casserole.  And it will definitely be a keeper in our house!

The flower beds in our back yard along the house have been begging for attention!  They need some weeding like whoa.  {And since you can't see the back yard, this task has gone on the back burner, unlike the completed front yard :) }


I didn't get a before picture of this bed, but I hacked the h-e-double-hockey-sticks out of it this morning!!  And it is now weed free :)  See all the hacked up area in front of the old pine needles?  That used to be crab grass - not anymore, my friends!  

It was too daggum hot to tackle the other bed.  That's now on next week's to do list!

Today is an easier video in the Insanity workout schedule, so this afternoon I met Andrea for a run at the greenway...


And it was hot!!  We managed 35 minutes (with a bit of walking!) in the scorching heat - Drea probably could've gone longer, she's quite the runner - but she slowed down for me cause she's sweet!

Tomorrow I'm planning to touch up the trim in the kitchen from when we painted it a few weeks ago.  And tomorrow night, I'm looking forward to trying this recipe out, also on my Pinterest board...


Twitter & the blog world have been raving about these grilled avocados so I'm really excited to try them!  I love avocado and this just seems like the perfect side for a summer night's meal :)

It's been a busy summer so far, but I'm loving it!  My summer to-do list keeps getting longer, too :/  I have a few projects I'm hoping to tackle, so I'll share those soon!

Hope you're enjoying these long summer days, as well!


2 comments:

Annie said...

You go girl with your Insanity workout! I hear that is serious business!

Erin said...

Love the layers! And I'm going to have to try that coffee recipe...glad you are enjoying summer!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS