5.11.2012

Musings of the Week

Happy Friday, y'all!!  We made it to another weekend, bless it.  Grab a refreshing drink and hold on for the ride....here are some of the highlights of my week and other rando streams of thought....

1. Apparently this week was National Teacher Appreciation Week (although my school celebrated last week?) and my friend and former fellow teacher, Ashley, sent me this!

Amen!

Bahahaha...I really wanted to upload it to Facebook (a friend tagged me in it!) but decided I shouldn't.  And that I would just post it on my blog instead.  Ha!  This is funny stuff and so true!

2 - This picture also made me smile this week...

You can't see it, but my hand is raised also!

Don't get me wrong, I definitely have thoughts and feelings on this topic and definitely have serious concerns about the size of our government and/or their designation of rights or lack there of...but WOW!  I mean Facebook & Twitter have been blown up with everyone and their mom's opinions (and their brother's and grandpa's...ok you get the idea) and it's all just a little overwhelming.

All I know is I may not know what tomorrow holds, but I know the One who holds tomorrow and I really liked these words from Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"As for your future, your task is not to foresee it, but to enable it."

So onto far less controversial topics.... ;)

3 - I cut these beauties from our yard this week!  Gorgeous right?!


I love hydrangeas!  One of my favorite flowers for sure.  Sadly, I had to move them to the mantle, I heard they're poisonous to cats/dogs fyi.  But they still look pretty from there :)

Looking at them gives me hope, that although I had nothing to do with the growth of this fantastic plant, I can have the desire and will to grow other such beautiful plant life in my yard!  So here's to hoping!

4 - Benson is probably the coolest cat ever and cracks me up.  He finds the oddest "comfy" spots to hang out...this is now where he hangs while I get ready in the am :)


5 - I'm obsessed with my new breakfast of champions!


I've been making enough breakfast sandwiches for the week the past 2 Sundays and they're delish!  I love eating one every morning!  I would also love a skinny vanilla latte every morning, but alas my wallet and my waistline probably wouldn't.  So I only visit the mermaid once or twice a week!

6 - I also have a new fav snack I thought I'd share {thanks to Dr. Oz and my friend Andrea who actually watched Dr. Oz and told me about this snack}....


Slice your apple, throw it in a bag, add a few splashes of lemon juice and cinnamon to taste, shake and bake (ok I got carried away, don't actually bake!) and eat!  Delish!!  It's like healthy happy pie.  You're welcome!

7 - Have you seen the iPhone commercials with Zooey Deschanel or Samuel Jackson?  They're all having a conversation with Siri and she's taking care of their every request.  Ugh...makes me want a Siri real bad!  But I'll just hold out for the iPhone 5 - whenever that may come out!

8 - I've really been trying to go to bed earlier.  I'm one of those people that requires a lot of sleep and I stay up wayyy to late for someone who wakes up at 545 daily.  3 out of 4 nights this week I've been in bed before 11!  That is a feat for me, y'all!  And I like it.  I'm gonna try to keep this up.

9 - I'm so stinkin' excited it's Friday!!  I'm trying a new recipe tonight, we're going to work in the yard tomorrow and reward our hard work with a date night!

10 - Hope your weekend is shaping up to be just as fantastic!!



1 comment:

Mimi to 3 said...

I like Benson's new bathtub hangout! So glad he keeps you company while you get ready for work!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS