5.30.2012

Memorial Day Weekend - 2012

Our Memorial Day weekend was jam packed with lots of fun, so I'm taking the easy way out and reviewing it in pics :)

Our weekend started Friday night with an attempt to go out uptown with our friends Justin & Andrea, JM, and Andrea's girlfriends that were in town for the weekend!

Handsome Men - JM, Justin, Brandon

Pretty Girls! - Alyssa, Lisa, Me, Adrian, Andrea, Lisa

We got a wild hair that taking a limo altogether would be the cheapest route - and it really was......but the limo was an hour late and started driving us the wrong way.... So we ended up taking the limo to get some pizza and going back home!  Haha - what a failure of a night!!  But fun was still had along the way, as evidenced by this pic below...

She loves me :)

Saturday morning called for bagels and schmear, fruit salad making, bathing suits and cover ups!  To the pool we went...


Cocktails were had by the pool as we lounged....


and by the end of the day, this was the result...


Ouch!!

I guess I was a little whiter than I realized...may tan from the cruise was apparently long gone.  Don't worry, I'm lotioning (yes, it's a word...now) often and it's pretty much all tan!

Saturday night it was back to Buffalo Wings & Rings for some good eats & some UFC fighting...

Me & my babe at dinner

I got a little picture happy....




And then we took the party home to the couch...we were tired after a long day in the sun!!


Sunday we kind of slept in and deemed it the lazy day of the weekend - the only semi productive things we did included mowing the lawn (well ok, B mowed the lawn, I cannot take credit), sweeping & mopping the floors, and a good run.  Other than that, we took naps, ate, and watched Tower Heist...


It was the perfect lazy day...and the best part about it...there was a whole other day to be lazy again!!

Monday, we slept in...


and then went for a run on the greenway...

post run

and then brunched!  We tried a new place called Skillets - SO good!!!  Perfect after a tough run!  Afterwards we headed back to pool...but not for too long, remember that burn?

Monday night, I made crockpot Beer BBQ Chicken - found on Pinterest - broccoli slaw, and baked beans.  Mmm mmm mmm!  It was good eats!!  The Perfect Memorial Day meal :)

via my IRL Friends - L&L Take Boston

I always love reading Facebook posts & Tweets on days like Memorial Day or the 4th - makes me swell with American pride!!  Freedom isn't free and I'm so thankful for the Men & Women that support this country and for the families that stand behind them while they do!  They are gone, but not forgotten!!

"A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself." - Joseph Campell


No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS